Though it may not seem so, but one of the most essential things that you need to be careful about when it comes to is what kind of food you will have when travelling overnight in a train. There are a lot of options that you can pick from and hence it is best to know what the healthier choices are that you can go for so that you do not suffer from any kind of gastric discomfort when travelling.
So well if you are looking for the healthier options, then here are a few food items that you need to have when travelling on a train:
- The first thing that you need to make sure is avoid as much fried food as possible. If you are planning on carrying your own food while travelling and if you want to make it, then do make sure that you cook the food on the day of your travel. It is not at all advisable to have stale food while travelling mainly because it can lead to indigestion and also that it might go bad if it is a long journey. Thus it is imperative that whatever food you make to carry with you is fresh. You can try sandwiches and whole fruits. Carry fruit juices too if you want.
- One of the most essential things that you need to have when travelling is copious amounts of water. It is important that you keep yourself hydrated throughout your journey since that will easily digest the food whatever food you might eat. If you want you can also try to make a lemon juice from home and carry it along with you on your journey. This is an excellent option to have with you, especially if you are travelling during the summer months.
- Another thing that you need to take care of when it comes to ordering food on train is that you order the right kind of food. Fried food items are what is mainly served and hence you need to be extra careful about the Train Food that you order. For breakfast, instead of cutlets, opt for omelettes and bread which is a healthier and more wholesome option. When ordering for your lunch and dinner, make sure that you go for the lighter options like rice and some vegetables. Avoid heavy and rich meals and if by any chance there is a dearth of options, whatever you eat, eat in small quantities.
- You can also order food online to have it delivered to your seat. Go for light food options like Chinese food when ordering. Do not over order.
- And last but not the least always carry some dry food items for those occasional cravings that you are bound to have on your journey. Carry almonds and walnuts. Cakes and biscuits too should be there with you so that you can enjoy them with tea and coffee.
It is essential that you make it a point to take care of these things when you think about the food that you will have during your train journey.